Wednesday 26 November 2014

IDEA 3 (Reflection)

For my third idea, I am going to demonstrate 'reflection' within 'still life'.

Still Life images can be just be about anything that doesn't move. The definition of a still life subject is an 'inanimate', meaning something that shows no sign of life. Still life include followers, food, glasses etc.

What are my intentions? 
My intentions for my still life idea will be involving the following: 

  • A wine glass
  • Mirror (reflection)
  • Light painting
  • Black background drop 
I have decided to add a mirror for my reflection and different colour lights for the light painting so that I can make my still life image not boring and dull but a bit more intriguing and creative. 

I will do this by using the black background drop in the college studio, a table, a mirror to place on the table and a wine glass to place on top. 

(A similar example shown below)


I
















Photographer that I have chosen is 'Sam Kaplan'. He was born and got brought up in Boston, MA. He received a B.A from 'Wesleyan University', he studied both conceptual sculpture and traditional photography. Through commercial photography, Sam is always able to know his two favorite skills which where creative problem solving and conceptual thinking. Kaplan now lives in New York. 

Here are some examples of his work 








No comments:

Post a Comment